Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Movie Fest

The Vegeterian Vampires
The Wolf Pack
The Evil Volturi
(Fahad's favorite bunch)
Hilarious Movie, I recommend
you watch it when the DVD comes out.
A historical movie, I liked it, but prefered to
watch it on DVD at home. I recommend it
for History Lovers.
Although an A-list cast and beautiful preformances
but the whole plot was a "Blah!"
Ok, one of the many reasons I went to Dubai was for the movies. I didn't care much to watch the Twilight Saga : New Moon in the theaters here where ever emotion, touch or kiss being cut and slaughtered to death. So I saved the movie for this trip, whole and perfect!
I read all four books about two years ago. I loved them, I even reread the first one again. I was HORRIFIED like many with the first movie. That first director, I don't remember her name, killed the movie for me and many fans! and good riddance! when they chose a new director. I think Chris Weitz did a great job. I loved the movie. I found myself crying with Bella when her heart broke and laughed at whimsical scenes. I felt the adrenalin rush as she went from crazy venture to the other. I just loved the whole story which covered almost everything in the book. Fahad loved the evil Volturi. He thinks they are cool and a great bunch of evil vampires and looking forward for part three of the movie which is coming out in March? I'm not sure when exacatly... but the next one I want to watch it in Europe, I believe there will be love scenes in the next instalment of the saga.
After New Moon, we went to the next movie, Couples Retreat! Funny! no Hilarious! I just don't know why the critics didn't like it. The movie was filmed in Bora Bora and it was breathtaking. There were some scenes cut, to my surprise, and it was one of the funniest scenes I was waiting for, because I saw it on the movie trailers. I guess I have to get the DVD when it comes out inshallah.
The next evening we had time for only one movie. We didn't have much choice, either watch Sherlock Holmes again or the epic movie Agora. So we chose Agora. I didn't have much expectations for that movie, first I haven't heard or read any reviews about it, second the leading lady, Rachel Weisz, always acted in intense movies which most of them I didn't like. As it turned out it was a history lesson. Not bad. I would have preferred to watch it at home and not waste it in the movie theater.
Last evening, it was the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I was so looking forward for this movie. The last movie of Heath Ledger, and supported by Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Ferrell. Each presented a great preformance, and I felt my eyes tearing as I watched Heath Ledger and remembered that was his last movie. But the whole story, the overall, was a BLAH!
That concludes our Movie Fest. Hopefully by the end of March I'll be in London. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment