Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dubai

A Candy Heaven! The Store wasn't open when I was there
the last time. I just wished the boyos were with me.
Lollipop Tree! Amazing decore! That is only one small part of the store. I was so lost I didn't know what to get for the boyos. Christmas tree which changes colors here in blue And here in red. There was also in green. Armani Caffe
View from the top. It was recommended by a friend.
Fauchon, I don't like the one in Kuwait.
Joe's Cafe, I read great reviews about it and I'm sorry
I didn't go to it instead of Armani Cafe.
Another pic of Joe's Cafe.
Chicken and Potato Chips from Armani Cafe. Although it tasted
good but I expected better from Armani Cafe than potato chips!
The Salad wasn't bad. Just a plain old green salad.
I liked the olive bread, with the olive pesto and so the
tomato salsa was good, but cold. The Curse of Dubai! Don't misunderstand me. Dubai is my City! If you give me a choice between London and Dubai, I'd choose Dubai. I just love it there. It is close and has everything. Those who knows me, knows very well I don't like long trips so I usually settle for Dubai.
However I'm not so lucky when it comes to Dubai. I either arrive to the City ill or some kind of accident happens when I'm there. As it happens, few days before I left, my boyos were sick with the tummy flu, so by the time I arrived to Dubai, I have caught the virus. By late evening, after spending most of the day at the movies at Grand Cinema in Ibn Batouta, I was sick and the doctor was brought for me after I got back to the hotel, and we extended our stay because the doctor said I wasn't in a condition to travel. Yay! So I did my best to get better! Well after spending the whole next day in bed, by late afternoon I felt a little better and managed to get up and we went to Dubai mall. We took a turn around the mall and we shopped a little. It wasn't my first time at Dubai mall, but the last time I was there a lot of stores weren't opened yet. We had a late lunch early dinner at Armani Café which was recommended by a friend (Note to self: Never take any recommendation from this friend ever again). The menu selection was ordinary and when we placed an order for a mixed salad and a chicken sandwich I was disappointed with the food presentation, although the food tasted good. As a brand name café I thought they'd go out of their way with selections and presentation. All in all, without counting the illness, We had a good time.

4 comments:

  1. waaaw i want to live in the candy heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the friend who recommended Armani was not mistaken... you should have tried their pizza and there is also this pasta dish with truffles and truffle oil that is so good i still salivate when i remember it... :D Give Armani Cafe (and ur Friend) another try... o try those two insha2 allah when u go back o tell me how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danderma I was sick at the time and didn't have the appetite for something heavy... bas inshallah next time I will ;)

    ReplyDelete