Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why People Lose Their Hair

Well some of you know I've chopped off my hair very very short! and it doesn't look nice on me and I hate it! Which means I will go underground for a while until it grows back... or wear a wig ;p
The reason I cut my hair was I'm dieting, and although I'm taking hair vitamins, my hair is falling and a lot. Still I have an appointment for next week with a doctor and I will keep you up date regarding his diagnosis to my hair loss and what he will prescribe for me.
But here are some reasons for Hair Loss.
  • Stress caused by an illness or major surgery. This type of hair loss often is temporary.
  • Changes in hormone levels, such as those caused by pregnancy or a thyroid disorder.
  • Use of certain medications, such as blood thinners, antidepressants, oral contraceptives, heart medications, gout treatments or vitamin A.
  • A fungal infection of the scalp.
  • An underlying disease, such as diabetes or lupus.

No comments:

Post a Comment