Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Resolutions!

2010 started with a bang! We celebrated the New Year with our kids! Yes, for the first time I let them up past midnight. Seeing the joy on their faces was worth any parties we might have attended. We had fireworks, popguns and cake. Fifteen minutes after midnight, they brushed their teeth and were tucked warmly in bed and sleeping soundly. Of course, most of us have resolutions and for the first couple of months we do our best to keep up with the resolutions we made, but then slowly we start making excuses, "Maybe not today… I'll do it first thing Saturday morning." By the end of the year we forget all about them. I can't remember all the resolutions I made for 2009, but I do remember one of them "Losing weight!" It is the number one resolution around the world! And it's been my resolution every since I can remember! I sat this morning at home by myself making a long list of stuff I want to do or attain by the end of this year. Here it goes: 1- Lose 20kg! Be a little more selfish and take better care of myself. (it's been my resolution for the past 10 years) 2- Build lasting memories with the kids. (I'm still trying to figure out how.) 3- Resume swimming and be serious about it. (Best body shaper exercise) and introduce a new activity. I was thinking squash. (if anyone of you knows a good instructor please feel free to mention him/her) 4- Do a new artistic activity, pottery, painting, piano. (Again please feel free to mention a place or a class which might give something of that sort) 5- Declutter my dressing room (It is a nightmare and I think I should work on it this week). 6- Redecorate my living room. (I've wanted to do it for the past two years and I still don't know what's holding me. Another nightmare I want to wake up from) 7- Get more serious in the kitchen. Maybe work on a cook book. 8- Concentrate on improving the business.
I have strong belief 2010 will be a good year, inshallah. Think positive and get away from negativity. I will keep you update about my efforts in realizing this list. For those who have resolutions of their own, I say, "Good Luck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment