Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sprained my Ankle :(

It was a long hectic day, being understaffed and having a lot of preparations to make at the last minute it was stretching a little too thin. Then I had to rush to do my mullet! Yes after almost three weeks since I had that ugly haircut my hair style turned into a mullet! And I can't do it at home, if I did it turns into a helmet. I'm really considering hair extensions. I reach home exhausted and contemplating whether to go or not, and let Fahad handle it with the rest of the staff, but I couldn't do it to him. So I change in a simple dress with a black cardigan and I wear my killer Sergio Rossi platform heels. I love those heels. They are as Abdullah Poach would say *ZeXy!* I reach the Palms hotel. As the driver slowed in front of the entrance and I open the door and get out, there was a woman standing just in front of me. She gave me one quick glance from my Zexy heels to my ugly mullet, and the next thing I know, I toppled! Everything in my hand flew around. My handbag nowhere to be seen, my camera went under the car, and my dress all the way up to my thigh! Oh yes! I was mess. My poor driver dashed to help me up. I got up straightened my dress, put on my Killer platforms and turn around and glared at the woman, and the hag was laughing at me!!! "A3oothballah min 3ainich!" I snap at her. Was I embarrassed? No. I was actually very pissed. People don't have any courtesy left in them, instead of helping she was laughing. It really embarrassed her when said what I said. As I took my first step I felt a painful twinge in my ankle. Great! It is sprained, but stubborn me wouldn't take off the platforms and spent the whole evening in them. By the time I got back home, I couldn't bear the pain. It is still painful this morning and it will delay my exercise Schedule.

What is an Ankle Sprain? An ankle sprain is an injury to one or more ligaments in the ankle, usually on the outside of the ankle. Ligaments are bands of tissue—like rubber bands—that connect one bone to another and bind the joints together. In the ankle joint, ligaments provide stability by limiting side-to-side movement.Some ankle sprains are much worse than others. The severity of an ankle sprain depends on whether the ligament is stretched, partially torn, or completely torn, as well as on the number of ligaments involved. Ankle sprains are not the same as strains, which affect muscles rather than ligaments. What Causes a Sprained Ankle? Sprained ankles often result from a fall, a sudden twist, or a blow that forces the ankle joint out of its normal position. Ankle sprains commonly occur while participating in sports, wearing inappropriate shoes, or walking or running on an uneven surface.

Non-surgical Treatment

When you have an ankle sprain, rehabilitation is crucial—and it starts the moment your treatment begins. Your foot and ankle surgeon may recommend one or more of the following treatment options: Rest. Stay off the injured ankle. Walking may cause further injury. Ice. Apply an ice pack to the injured area, placing a thin towel between the ice and the skin. Use ice for 20 minutes and then wait at least 40 minutes before icing again. Compression. An elastic wrap may be recommended to control swelling. Elevation. The ankle should be raised slightly above the level of your heart to reduce swelling. Early physical therapy. Your doctor will start you on a rehabilitation program as soon as possible to promote healing and increase your range of motion. This includes doing prescribed exercises. Medications. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, may be recommended to reduce pain and inflammation. In some cases, prescription pain medications are needed to provide adequate relief. Source: http://www.footphysicians.com/footankleinfo/ankle-sprain.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment