Monday, January 25, 2010

Creamy Herbed Chicken Pasta

When you diet, sometimes you crave restaurant style food, or food that is full of flavor and texture. Food which makes you fat! Yet you don't want to sabotage your diet by eating something high in fat. I own a lot of cook books, actually hundreds of them. In one of them there is this favorite recipe I always make. Sometimes I use regular ingredients, but now, because I'm dieting, I swapped them for low fat alternatives and the result is the same and even better "Guilt free" YUM!
Creamy Herbed Chicken with Spinach Tagliatelle
4 Chicken breast fillets, sliced
2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
250g packet of cream cheese (I used light philly)
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese ( I used the reduced fat which I found at Carfour)
1 cup of water
1 small cube of chicken stock (I used Maggie low salt chicken stock)
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh mint
40g butter (I used Lurpak light)
500g of spinach Tagliatelle (Or any other pasta. There is gluten free pasta available at Dean & Deluca which I also use sometimes for my pasta dishes)
- This is very easy to make. Mix the chicken, paprika and pepper in a bowl and set aside. (I usually let it marinate for half hour at least, sometimes more)
-Blend or process the cheeses, the water and the stock cube and herbs until well combined. Heat butter in pan and add chicken. cook stirring over high heat until well browned. add cheese mixture, simmer for 5 minutes.
-Add pasta to a large pan of boiling water, boil uncovered until just tender. Drain.
- Serve pasta with creamy chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment