Thursday, April 1, 2010

When the Cat is Away, The Mice Comes Out to Play!!!

The title of this post says it all!
Yesterday I was out on errands, and stopped by TSC to get some groceries, and I was in mind to make a dinner of cold cuts with cheeses, dips, veggies and salads, something different from the usual, and to encourage the boyos to make their own sandwich combinations and maybe try new flavors.
When I got back home, the first thing I notice on the coffee table was a large empty box of doughnuts! I look at Fahad narrowing my eyes, he starts laughing knowing very well that he forgot to hide the crime he committed!!!
Let me fast forward few days back, Fahad's cholestrol is high, his weight is up and he is on a diet!
Not the starve yourself diet, but the healthy choices and exercise kind of diet. Since my darling loves his machboos, he is allowed to have it every other day, but only about a cup of rice, lots of salads and proteins.
Back to yesterday, Fahad had his Mutabag Simach, late I must add, and after I left he sent for a box of doughnuts!! and shared them with the boyos! Who also, snacked on potato chips and chocolates earlier that afternoon, which I don't allow everyday! They each had two doughnuts!!!
It spoiled their appetite! Spoiled the diet!!! and spoiled my healthy dinner plans!!!! and I am one angry mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment