Saturday, April 10, 2010

Where Dreams Begin - Book Review

Book Summary
Zachary Bronson has built an empire of wealth and power -- now he needed a wife to help secure his position in society...and warm his bed in private.But not just any woman will do for a man whom all of London knows is not a gentleman. Then he unexpectedly swept Lady Holly Taylor into his arms for an unasked for -- but very alluring -- kiss, and suddenly he knew he had found a woman whose fierce passions matched his own. Lady Holly Taylor was beautiful, generous, and, as a widow, destined to spend her life playing by society's rules, even when they went against her bolder instincts. But Zachary's kiss had aroused her, and though the shocking offer he made didn't include marriage, she was compelled to risk everything and follow him to the place where dreams begin.
My Take on the Book
It hasn't happened to me in a long time, what happened to me when I grabbed the book from my shelf and started reading.
I started the book on Wed. afternoon and finished it the following day early evening!!! Yes the book was that good that I wasn't able to concentrate on work or the kids or home!!! I locked myself in my room and just read and read!!!
I've read a couple of books for Lisa kleypas in the past, but I think I didn't like the second book that's why I wasn't encouraged to pick a third book for her. 7amaty (sister in law) Reem gave me the book when she was here for the Christmas Holiday, and since I was in the mood for a historical romance this week, I picked up the WDB and wasn't expecting that much until I read the first chapter and found myself gripped from then and on.
I enjoyed the book thoroughly. I loved the explosive chemistry between Zachary and Holly, the flirting and the tension building. The problems they faced wasn't that extraordinary. It was a matter of morals and rules of her upbringing. A lady doesn't entangle herself with a commoner, and to honor the wish of her late husband, George, by marrying his best friend, Ravenhill. Her daughter Rose was very cute and intelligent for her age. I found myself thinking, why isn't Ahmedan like her ;p Lizzie and Jason's romance was very brief. I would have liked more from them. And I can't wait to read Ravenhill's story. I closed the book with a big *Sigh* sorry that it had to end soo fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment