Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gifts for Teachers


 I know by the end of the year teachers get lots of perfumes as gifts and it is so cliché.  Previously I gifted teachers some scarves, Spa Time gift vouchers, or AlShayaa gift vouchers. 


This year, I thought of giving them something Kuwaiti. Yesterday I was at gift packaging shop and picked up those cute boxes and thought of filling them with Ghriaba (Middle Eastern biscuits), then they can use the box as a jewelry box.

So I called my friend UmSalah, owner of Home Made Chocolate, and asked her if it was ok for me to send her some boxes to be filled with her Yummylicious Ghraiba. As usual, gracious and kind and even said they'll be ready on the same day. I asked for the boxes to be filled with Plain w/ Cardmom Ghraiba and Pistachio Ghriaba. By evening they were ready for pickup!

And this is what's in the boxes.
Ghriaba, a Middle Eastern biscuits,
similar to shortbread biscuits.
 Each Arab country has a different
variation in flavor and texture
of this sweet dessert and it is deliciously
consumed with dark Arabic coffee.

At Home Made,
You can get it in the following flavors:
Plain w/ Cardmom, Pistachio, Walnut, Pine Nut,
Sesame, Hazelnut, Pecans
Ghraiba with Chocolate (my favorite!)
 Facebook Group: Home Made
Tel: 00965 97656999

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's really nice to know that there are still Parents out there who think it is important to gift their child's teacher. I have been teaching in Kuwait now for over 10 years, as a teacher I do not expect a gift, we get paid to do our job, however, I have noticed in the last few years a big decline in this, receiving a gift at the end of the year to show appreciation, well it's wonderful. I'm not saying that teachers expect expensive gifts, no, but a small bunch of flowers, a box of chocolates, just a gesture ...... I always give gifts to the teachers of my own children.
    Anyway when I saw your posst I thought how lovely there are still some parents out there who put so much thought and effort into a gift. I hope the teacher appreciated it, believe me I'm sure it made their day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon.. The teachers really made a great effort with my kids and this is how I show my appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete