Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Reading List


This is a list of books which I have right now and need to finish reading before I place another order. I go through books like I go through a box of chocolates, and reading books depends on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I go straight through all the romances, sometimes I get hooked on a fantasy series, and obviously I have the business related books Fahad suggested I should read from time to time. Not to forget all the cook books I go through from time to time.


I know I have to reorganize my whole shelves all over again, thanks to my housekeeper. No matter how many times I showed her, she doesn't seem to understand my system of shelving books and insists on doing it in her messy way. My cook books are mixed with my reference books, with my romances, with my paranormals and with my fantasy! Oh! And Fahad's Arabic books are in the melee too. Luckily the kids books are on their own side of the room or they would be mixed up with the rest!

Alright… here is my summer reading List:

The Chronical's Dathra, a Dowdy Girl From Kuwait, by Danderma: I've started reading the book, since I missed the first part of the story when it was posted on Danderma's blog. I loved the prologue, where Dathra was introduced through the eyes of two fashionistas, and how the lettering of the Arabish is explained.

Twilight Dawn, by Anne Bishop

Kiss Me Annable, by Eloise James

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, book 11), by Charlaine Harris

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica book 1), by Larrisa Ione

Silent in the Grave, by Deanna Raybourn

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, book 1), by Chloe Neill

Blue-Eyed Devil, By Lisa Kleypas

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood book 9), J.R Ward

Covet (Fallen Angel, book 1), J.R Ward

Smoke Screen, by Sandra Brown

Midnight Angel, Lisa Kleypas

Prince Of Dreams, Lisa Kleypas

Worth Any Price, by Lisa Klepas

Dream Maker, by Nora Roberts

Warrior, by Jennifer Fallon

Warlord, by Jennifer Fallon

Sea Glass (Opal Cowan, book 2), by Maria V. Snyder

Empress of Ice Cream, by Anthony Capella

Glitter Baby, by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Ten Things I Love About You, by Julia Quinn

Roses, by Leila Meacham

The Broker, by John Grisham

Hot Rocks, by Nora Roberts

Honest Illusions, by Nora Roberts

The Help, by Kathryn Stockett

The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown

I still have many books on my TBR shelf, which I still haven't gone through yet. Some of the books I bought on impulse thinking I might like this genre and others I read the first few page and put them down, which means I have to finish reading them some day.
I also have few business books. So inshallah by the end of summer I'll be done by most of them and include them in some of my book reviews.

6 comments:

  1. Cool, I didn't know new Sookie Stackhouse book was on sale now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Book 11 is already on sale for awhile now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Smoke Screen last year & i love it, i love everything for Sandra Brown, my fav Romance-Thriller author. The Lost Symbol is on my shelf too, dunno when i'll read it :/ bs nshallah soon :) & i gotta start reading Sookie's books, im already hooked to the TV show!

    as for your housekeeper *sigh*, i used to suffer from the same thing bs now i do my own shelving, hence i hv no housemaid :P

    enjoy ur summer read :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one kick ass reading list, uv got susan e. phillips and julia quinn there! u should read more of their books theyre simply brilliant! not to mention lisa kleypas and nora roberts, enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be an enjoyable read The Broker by John Grisham. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and orignal, this book is going in by "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DuchessX...I enjoy reading more than watching TV ;)
    Rohit....I haven't started reading the Broker yet. Now I'm enjoying the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and it is a real page turner :)

    ReplyDelete