Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chocolate Rahash Cake


Chocolat Rahash Cake is a ticking BOMB!

Qatuliya! (Killer!)


I'm going through most of my cooking books, marking pages of interesting recipes I want to try during Ramadan. It isn't a grantee I'd cook all of them, but I'll try some nevertheless. Actually I've already started, I've been spending a lot of my free time in the kitchen lately, trying out new soup recipes and others such as main meals and desserts.

One of the recipe I tried is this yummy "Qatuliya!" Rahash Chocolate Cake from AlThawaqa cook book.
Here are the ingredients:
3 packs of chocolate pound cake (I used 1 1/2 pack)
250g Rahash (I advice you use good quality rahash sold at AlWatan Sweets instead of the packed one sold at super markets.)
300g Nutella
11/2 cup of chopped pecans (I used sugared hazelnut which we use at Gelato)
1 1/2 cup of Thick Cream (KDD Qaimar)
Chocolate Syrup (I didn't use)


- Crumble the Rahash in a deep dish with a fork then add the Nutella and thick cream.
- Cut the cakes into slices and line them up side by side in a serving dish, pour 1/3 of the chocolate rahash mix and spread evenly, add some little pecans.
- Line up on top the remaining cake and spread some the remaining chocolate rahash mix and garnish with the rest of the pecans and decorate with chocolate syrup.


Note: Rahash is a sesame seed sweet. In this recipe I used a trifle bowl instead of serving dish, and I used regular pound cake instead of chocolate pound cake just to ease on alsa7na (density of the chocolate on chocolate).

3 comments:

  1. OMG.. that looks AMAAZING!! Thank you so much for the recipe! I LOVE rahash but never thought it could be creatively incorporated into dessert like that! Will definitely try this week!

    -N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is Alwatan Sweets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon...one! Thank I hope you'll like it it was delicious but a bit too heavy.

    Anon..AlWatan Sweets you find them at Faiha Co-op. :)

    ReplyDelete