Saturday, July 3, 2010

Chick Flick

I can't call Nora Roberts one of my favorite author's. She writes what I like to call Commercial Books, stories for the sake of selling. There is nothing special about her books, and some are repetitive plots but in different locations and slightly similar characters. Except I do read some of them if I don't have anything better to read, and some are entertaining. High Noon is one of the books she's written, and I haven't read, and turned into a TV movie. I didn't like it that much, I felt the characters are forced and the plot is rushed. There are many more movies based on Nora Roberts books: Carolina Moon : I liked Northen Lights : I liked Montana Sky : I liked but the protagonist is so annoying Tribute: I read the book and very much liked the movie Midnight Bayou: Didn't make any sense to me. So I didn't like it. Angels Falls: Plot was very good. But Heather Locklear plays the leading part. Can't stop staring at her overblown lips, and the wrinkles on her face and the heroin should be in her late twenties or early thirties. She clearly looked like the Hero's grandmother not lover. Blue Smoke: I didn't like it. Nevertheless, some were fun to watch when there isn't anything to watch on TV.
In the Nora Roberts movie "High Noon," expert hostage negotiator Lieutenant Phoebe McNamara (Emilie DeRavin ) juggles her high-pressure career with the demands of raising her young daughter and contending with her agoraphobic mother, Essie (Cybill Shepherd). When Phoebe meets handsome bar owner Duncan Swift (Ivan Sergei ), he cant resist her take-charge attitude and attempts to earn her affections. Though she tries to resist his charms, Phoebe soon realizes no amount of negotiation will keep Duncan at arms length. Starting with being assaulted by an unknown assailant in her precinct, she later receives a series of mysterious and threatening messages, and soon discovers she is the target of a psychopathic killer out to destroy her personally and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment