Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flowers and Biscuits

When I used to live in Europe, whenever we had friends over, they always came with beautiful bouquet of colorful flowers as a 'Thank You' for inviting them. We picked up the habit, and now when my kids are invited they always go with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for the mother of their friends as a "Thank You for putting up with me for a few of hours" ;p As I said, my boyos are no angels. I love Gerberba daisies, I call them happy flowers because they make me feel happy when I look at them, and I always have them in vases around my living room. But how many bouquets do you send to the same mother every time they visit their friends? Right? So after our lessons yesterday morning I took them into the kitchen to make one of my favorite wheaty Biscuits covered in chocolate. I usually make them regular size, I like to dunk them in my lattés, but yesterday the boys made them bite size. I didn't help them in anyway, I only stood giving instructions and observing. They came out really good. Recipe: 100g butter 1/2 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar 1 egg 1/4 cup desiccated coconut 1/4 oats 3/4 cup of wholemeal plain flour (brown flour) 1/2 cup self-raising flour 150g dark chocolate melted. - Preheat oven at 150 C - Beat butter and sugar until smooth, add egg and beat for another minute. - Add the flours the oats and coconut until until combined and forms a dough. - spoon the mixture and form into small balls and place on baking sheet, then flatten with fork. - Bake for 10 minutes or until you see it lightly golden. - After biscuits are cool, dip half of it in melted chocolate. Leave to cool down or put it in the fridge if you're in a hurry. Enjoy!! W Bel3afia!

No comments:

Post a Comment