Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vampire Diaries

Synopsis:
A few months after their parents are killed in a tragic car accident, Elena Gilbert and her brother, Jeremy, are trying to come to terms with their grief. For Elena, formerly popular and involved with school and her friends, it's a struggle to hide her sadness from the world. She finds herself drawn to a handsome and mysterious new student, Stefan, unaware that he is a centuries-old vampire doing his best to live peacefully among humans. His brother, Damon, however, is the embodiment of vampire stereotypes, including violence and brutality, and the two brothers wage a war for the souls of Elena and everyone else in her small Virginia town. Based on the series of novels by L.J. Smith.
My Take:
Ok...Let me start by saying that I love Vampires! I love books about them. I started reading them in my tweens. I love watching shows about them and I look forward to every movie being released about them. I love the paranormal in general. My favorite shows in that genre are of course Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, True Blood (Read all the books before watching the series and it stays true to the plot, and very raunchy in a way, but I still liked it.) and many more. Then I hear and read reviews about Vampire Diaries and all the rave about it, and some said it is the #1 show in the US. Pleeeaaassseeee! Yes the actors are beautiful and hot! Yes, it is yet another teen story. Half the time, Paul Wesley who plays Stephan, is brooding and grunting the whole time, trying his utmost best to look mysterious, without interesting lines for him to utter to make the series acceptable. The script is full of whinning girls and half written plot lines. The characters are sperficial and I found myself yawning!!! YAWN!
However, Ian Somerhalder, who plays Damon, is amazing. I love his evil character. He is evil and layered and full of issues, no remorse or regret and the way his eyes shines before he does something outrageous, like killing pathetic humans, keeps me on edge! I had to stop watching it for few days during P2BK, but last night I stayed up until 4am watching the last 4 episodes left, which made me unfunctional this morning. Then I discover there is another 4 episodes left in the series. The series plot lines were getting a bit interesting at the end. But I doubt it would ever have the "WOW" factor in my book like True Blood. I give it a 6/10.
If the producers have picked The Blackdagger Brotherhood, they might have won audiences from both sexes. At least this searies is filled with action and hot romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment