Thursday, April 21, 2011

Boudoirs

The fun part about designing your own home is putting what
you want. I want a boudoir. A place where I can escape
from the noise and the demands of my boys (yep...all three of them)
connected to the Master bedroom is a smaller room where
I would have all my girly girl stuff, everything I want to just relax and
pamper myself ;)
Boudoir Style Historically, the boudoir has been a luxurious, private place where one would go to be alone in thought and creativity. It means creating a peaceful place that is tranquil but sophisticated, and spacious – but still very intimate. 1-The trick to creating a boudoir is dividing the space into elegant, organized areas – and unifying them with a great design. 2-A classic boudoir contains three distinct spaces: one to sleep, one to read and relax, and one to write. 3-Artwork in a bedroom makes the space more personal and intimate. 4- Adding gorgeous rich fabrics like velvet, silk and linen to your room will help create a sumptuous, soothing retreat from the hustle and bustle of life. 5- Panel moldings in a room can help create a sense of unity, and intimacy. Floor lamps allow you to control the amount of light in a room, giving you the opportunity to create the distinct atmosphere you’re looking for at any given time. 6- Gold-leafing a mirror can give a room a touch of old, European glam.

1 comment:

  1. So lovely!
    I love that kind of romantic and historical style of decorating

    ReplyDelete