Friday, January 21, 2011

Lamb and Prunes

This one was sent by my friend Monmon
The meat is so sweet and tender. It is pure indulgence!
My friend Glamorous Monmon, has one of the best cooks anyone is lucky to have. The food she sometimes sends me is just pure pleasure to eat, and no, I do not share it with anyone. So I call her one evening, asking her for the recipe of a leg of lamb with prunes recipe. She gives it to me and she surprises me the next morning by sending me a platter of it. Few days later I give the recipe a try. It is easier than it looks. 1 onion chopped 2 garlic cloves crushed 1 small leg or a shoulder of lamb. 1 tbsp of Turmeric 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder. 4 Tbsp of sugar 1 cup of good quality prunes 1/2 cup of toasted almonds 1/4 cup of toasted sesame seeds - Fry the onions with garlic until soft. Add the spices and mix a little bit more than add the leg of lamb sear it on every side, but do not cook it thoroughly. Add around 8 cups of water and let it simmer until the water reduces. - When the 3/4 of the water reduces, add the sugar and the prunes until there is barely and water left, about 3/4 cup of water more or less. - Turn off the heat and let the meat rest for few minutes before transferring it to a serving plate and garnishing it with the almonds and sesame seeds. Bon appétit.
This is the one I made. Wasn't that bad, but the one sent
by Glamrous Monmon was better ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment