Sunday, September 26, 2010

Girl Talk

Ana baitootiya (homey)…
I don't go out much…or I'd rather go out during day light instead of evenings. My priority and it always will be my hubby and boys. Being there, making sure the home works are done we have a little of quality time together and then see them tucked in bed. I know this is all good and noble, being there for my boys, but sometimes it is such a dead bore!!! Lately, I'm finding myself very restless. I put in a couple of hours at the office…doing nothing and then heading to the malls, window shopping...picking up some coffee and just walking around... However it isn't what I want… I want to break the evening routine. Fahad isn't a person who likes to go out in the evening unless it is for dinner with our friends which is once every month. My girl friends, well most of them are busy with their own homes and obligations. I was complaining the other day to my friend Glamorous Mona (I have names for all my friends which describe their character. It started with Profound Ansam & Genuine Shosho when we were out once and Ansam asked us to describe ourselves in one word. I'm Nurturer Dalal ;p) Anyway… Mona was feeling as restless as I am. We want to break from that routine. So we decided on a day of the week where we'll put our kids in bed and meet for coffee or a light meal and movies. The rules are: not to speak about kids or troubles with the help! ;ppp We will gossip, eat and just relax. We'll see how this will work out ;p At least before the exams start… Laish elnas et5ez?? Ogle…ogle…ogle… On the weekend Fahad and I were eating out and there was a lady with her husband and child sitting behind me. I couldn't see her, but Fahad (who isn't the kind of man who notices these stuff) complained that the woman every now and then was turning and staring at us, which made him uncomfortable. Honestly I didn't see who she was, maybe someone I knew, but I had my back to her and she had her back to our table, but it didn't stop her from turning and staring. If she did know me then why not get up and say "Hi". Then another table with a mom and her teenaged girls, was staring too (come on!!! I know I'm drop dead gorgeous bas mo laih hal daraja!!!) , and when we got up to leave, they all stopped eating and turned to stare. I felt it was just plain rude so I stopped and stared back at them until they turned away. WTH!!! High Maintenance Stage one of my makeover has started!!! This week I have appointments with my dietitian, my dermatologist and at a Clinic which specializes in hair therapy. Yes… looking good makes a person feel good, and it takes time, energy and lots of money!!! Another extravagance I'm doing is weekly massage. I need the massage, I'm addicted, if I could I would go twice or thrice a week… but I don't want to push it, I still have a long list of things to do for my makeover ;p "If it's uncomfortable, then it's fashionable." I read this quote last week in one of the books I was reading, and I started laughing. It is so true!!! Well in my case it is!!! Because I tend to dress in a comfortable practical way. I live in jeans, t-shirts and light cardigans, and soft ballerina flats or nikey, most of the time. I remember once I was out with Glamorous Mona, and from her name, you'll know with her I have to be glamorous too ;p I was wearing those Gucci heels and cursing the whole time from the pain in my feet, because Glamorous Mona lives in her heels, and was walking fast and unaffected from the heels she was wearing and I had to catch up with her. By the time I was home I didn't move for two whole days. I looked fashionable….but I was like hell uncomfortable!!! :ppp Now I leave the heels for special occasions and social events, and I don’t care if my head reach up to my friends shoulders…she is tall mashallah!

6 comments:

  1. i agreeee about the staring!!! shay mo 6abeee3e!

    which clinic do you go to for your hair? sarlee modda as'al 3an a good one bas no luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair clinic at Virginia Clinic in Salmiya...just started with them its too early to say if they are any good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love high maintenance gals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally I'm semi high maintenance...but every once in a while I go ultra high maintenance ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. lool ... u reminded me of a friend of mine (not from Kuwait) .. he told me that Kuwaitis always stare (and not in a good way..its like they're scanning you) ... well the other day when he was visiting Kuwait we went for dinner and there was a young girl maybe 2 yrs old playing around us .. the girl stopped and looked at him and gave him the head to toe (checkin him out) look! ... it was hilarious the way she did it .. "bal! ..7etaa 3yalkom e3arfoon ekhezoon"

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!!! Wala we're having a very bad rep regarding al 5azzzz ;p Even abroad... when you see a Kuwaiti...they stare at you as if you're commiting some kind of sin for just being in the same place as them ;p

    ReplyDelete