Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's Your Soup?

Oh yes!!! Ramadan is knocking and the only thing on peoples minds is food!
I've talked to three of my friends today and the main topic of our discussion is food and cook books.
I Love Soups! Our cook makes a big batch of Lentil soup, but I don't like the way he does it. So I make my own purees of soups and freeze them and when ever I take out a pack I only have to add water, cream or milk ;)
My two favorites are Roasted Vegetables and Creamy spinach and chicken soup. I also enjoyed Maggi's Excellence in the three flavors they introduced last Ramadan, Mushroom, Broccoli and Asparagus. This year I want to try two new recipes and inshallah I will share the recipes ;)
So what's your Soup?

8 comments:

  1. I make lentil soup...which the hubby loves. I love mushroom soup, potato soup (my fav) and asparagus! I don't usually cook (afraid of outside kitchen :X) but I really enjoy cooking during Ramadan, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love soups too

    mmmmm i love tomato soup , potato soup, veggi with brown rice , jereesh soup ,cauliflower with cheese and onion soup

    ReplyDelete
  3. recipes pleeease? creamy spinach and chicken sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. not a big fan of maggie .... we make every vegtebal into a soup ... my fav is sweet corn soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh tomato cream soup!
    i also love mixed types lentil (3ala 3adalhum mu ma67oneen) with lemon and herbs soup, dont know what they call the soup though

    i like the idea of making puree and freezing them for later use, a la martha stewart, i will hav to try it to save time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boudoir...welcome back hon. :***
    Tomato Cream soup is on my list for this Ramadan.
    Snow...try to add carrots and red peppers in your lentil soup.
    Bent el deera... I love all the soups you mentioned ;)
    q8travelbud... love the sweet corn and mixed veggie soups too.
    I'm trying yam soup...they say it good for water retention. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. im a lentil soup person,,
    but i also love mushroom and french onion soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a pumkin soup person :D

    ReplyDelete