Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An Unforgettable Lady: Book Review

Just finished reading An Unforgettable Lady, by my all time favorite Author J.R. Ward, writing as Jessica Bird. I love her Black Dagger Brotherhood series, if you are into the Vampire genre. They are absolutely hot!!! They are just raw!!! Full of action and street slang and weapons and looooove! Even the guys would love these series. I lent it the series to one of my cousins who wanted to read something different than the usual and he just loved them!!! He went MIA during the time he started reading the series. Then he sent me a msg.."I want More!" ;p An Unforgettable Lady is contemporary reprint which she started writing before the BDB series. Grace is beautiful, feminine and strong. John Smith is pure raw alpha male with lots of insecurities when it came to his feelings for his lady love. He made me weep! Just love him! There were times when the books dragged a little bit, making wonder what happened during these nights when they didn't go out and stayed home. But the hotness in it made up for everything! I found the book while shopping at Borders in Dubai…*sigh* love Borders! Why don't we have decent book stores here??? It is either ordering from amazon.com our picking books while traveling! I think I will open a book store for the romantics like me! No Oprah book club! Nope! About the book: Forced into the spotlight by her fabulous wealth, heiress Grace Hall isn?t always prepared for the consequences of her standing. When a string of attacks against the city?s most prominent women leaves Grace vulnerable, the refined beauty reluctantly hires a bodyguard. Now she finds herself subject to the ironclad will of her new protector. In spite of her frustration, Grace is drawn to John Smith in ways she can?t explain. For beneath his tough exterior and dark past, there?s an inner core that is tantalizingly seductive.John knows that when you?re a professional bodyguard, it needs to be all business. But such conduct makes for a solitary life with few ties and too many good-byes. Grace was supposed to be just another assignment on a long list. Yet there?s something about her that gets under his skin. With each passing day, the attraction grows more intense?until John is faced with a decision he never thought he?d have to make. Can he give up the only life he?s ever known to be with the only woman he? ever loved?

JR Wards Website... read more about her other books. I highly recommend the BDB series. I just love them and can't get enough of them, I'm also starting on her Fallen Angels series inshallah :) http://jrward.com/

My post about BDB series http://maviemajoie.blogspot.com/2010/05/black-dagger-brotherhood.html

No comments:

Post a Comment