Thursday, September 29, 2011

Detox Day 4

The evening before I slept early but was rudely awakened by Ahmed who crawled into our bed sometime earlier and gave me a "Whack!" on the face with his little feet. Disgruntled I tried to pick him back to his bed and he started crying! Did I ever mention about Ahmed when he starts crying? Once his Jukebox opens it never closes!
"Ok habeebee!...5ala9… come sleep in our bed…5ala9!!"


But then he hangs on to one word.


"Laish…laish…laish…laish…laish…!"


Ya rabi! Slowly he quiets down, as for I, I toss and turn for half hour before I gave up and got up. I started reading hoping it would make me feel sleep. I hear the Fajer prayer, so there is no point in going back to sleep. Besides Fahad woke up.


Ok…side tracking…the point I'm trying to make is the lack of sleep makes me stressed and when I'm stressed I get very hungry! I had a late start on my exercising and I had to change and rush out of the house, and on my meal plan I had smoothie for breakfast. So the only thing I can think of is… what I had for dinner last night is what I'm going to have for breakfast. Chopped pineapples and papaya with 3 Tbs skimmed yogurt and a dash of almond milk and whizzzzzzzzed! I poured it in my coffee cup over some ice and went out. The taste wasn't that bad. Usually when I do my smoothies I add freshly squeezed orange juice. Next time I'll add some oranges. As the day went by, the hunger and cravings kicked in! Today I craved hot chocolate. Yummy, creamy hot chocolate!


Day 4


Breakfast: Smoothie, yogurt pineapples, papay with a dash of Almond milk.


Lunch: Lemony white fish fillet with a sweet tomato garlic salsa! (the best I made so far)


Dinner: skipped.


 My Breakfast

 Pulpy tomoatoes

Et Voila! There will be some tomato salsa left
save it for breakfast the next day :)

1 lemon, peel the lemon avoiding white pith, slice the rind thinly. Squeeze juice from lemon. Combine fish with rind, juice, 1/4 cup parsley, 1 clove garlic crushed, and 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 chili in a medium bowl cover and refrigerate 3 hours. Place fish in the oven for 20-30 min with marinade until done. Cut tomatoes and place side up in a baking tray. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with combined with 1 tsp oil, vinegar. Bake 30min or until tomatoes browned and pulpy. 1 garlic bulb wrap in a foil and bake for 1 hour until garlic is soft. Squeeze out the pulp of garlic, mix with tomatoes and mash with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment