Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Detox Day 3

It is going to be a tricky day, I thought when I first got up. Today we're having lunch at the family home with lots of yummy food which will be served for the meal. The tricky part was can I stick to my diet? Can I resist? Should I bring something with me or depend on what they will serve?

I decided a hearty early breakfast was essential. So I prepared a mushroom with parsley omelet, and of course a cup of Almond milk and three piece of Calamata olives to make it interesting ;p


I didn't want to take the risk of finding myself without any healthy options and stray from my diet. So I rushed back home and hurried to prepare a roasted vegetable Salad with an herbed yogurt dressing. Which turned out divine! And not only I did enjoy it but even my nieces who happened to be on a diet too :)  


Thank god I prepared it because lunch was all about red meat today. I thought I'd be tempted to try something, but I didn't feel a the urge to do so. I was quiet satisfied with my salad.


Later after 6 – ish I had about 1 liter of white tea with a handful of almonds which Fahad ate half of it! but hey! Sharing is caring! And think of it a little few more calories and inches from your waistline ;p


My dinner was a bowl of chopped pineapples and papaya's with a couple of tablespoons of yogurt.


It was before dinner when I started craving something sweet and the headaches started, and what not helped was Fahad enjoying the brownies and date squares plus a piece of chocolate basbousa which we brought with us "For the Kids" from lunch. I got up and picked my icy bottle of water and locked myself in the room! until the craving subsided and I was ready for my dinner.

 
Day 3


Breakfast: 1 egg omelet with mushrooms and parsley, and almond milk sweetened with stevia.


Lunch: Roasted vegetable salad with herbed yogurt dressing.


Dinner: Bowl of yogurt with chopped pineapples and papaya, just similar to what I had on Day 1. 


 Mushroom  and parsely Omelet
with some olives

 Almond Milk

 Before I started chopping the Veggies, I marinated 1/4 cup of olive oil with 1/2 tsp of some spice, mixed dried herbs. I chopped 2 small Zucchini, 1/2 large egg plant, 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 yellow pepper both deseeded. I chopped some cauliflowr and droped them in boiling water for a couple of miutes or at least until tender. Some lettuce and Rocca.
I mixed the chopped Zucchini and eggplant with the marinated oil. Then drained the execess oil, and placed them in a baking sheet and into the oven for 30 min. In another baking sheet I placed the peppers skin side up and popped them in the oven for at least 30 min. or until the skin is charred. 
There will still be excess oil from the Zucchini and eggplant, drain and place them on these papers which soak the oil out (can't remember the name). Remove the peppers out and cover them with clean towel for few minutes then remove the skin and slice meaty part :)
Place the all the veggies on the lettuce and rocca.


Now the herbed yogurt dressing: 1 cup of skimmed yogurt, 1/2 tsp of ground cumin seeds, 1 clove of garlic minced,
1 tsp of dried Oregano, 2 Tbs of chopped parsley,
juice of half a lemon, tiny squeeze of honey, salt and pepper.
I like to prepare the dressing ahead to give
the flavors enough time to marinate

Now see what I was up against!

 The Arabic version of Chili Con Crane :)
It was set right in front of me!

 Home made brownies

Date squares

I felt empowered because I resisted these temptations!
*sigh*
 12 more days to go J  

No comments:

Post a Comment