Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baklavaji

This is going to be my last Food Post for awhile, unless, I'm the one who is making the food. For the past couple of weeks I've been passing by a newly opened store called Baklavaji. After trying the Baklava in Turkey last January, very light and sweet, unlike the Lebanese and Syrian Baklava which is a bit more nutty and has more layers of filo pastry, I really wanted to try it. So I decided to stop last week and went in. The display cabinets were not fully stocked because from what I was told they restock around 2.30pm when people are out from work and stop to get something sweet on the way home. I got what was already available, a selection pistachio Baklava and I couldn’t wait to reach the office and try them. It was as good as the ones I tried in Turkey. I really recommend their Baklava.
They restock at 2.30pm.. the best time to get freshly made
baklava!
I liked the long ones with pistachio and the little round ones.
The ones on the right side wasn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment