Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Update on Mme. F

I know I'm sounding like a broken record but it is the only thing on my mind these days. I can't think of anything else. This is an update to a previous post I posted last week about my frustrations with the school and in particular the new Homeroom Teacher, Mme. F. Last Sunday I sent her a word, with Abdulaziz, wanting an appointment with her. She didn't send me a reply, and I really thought my son hasn't shown her the note. My poor baby said that he really did but she told him "Later". "Later" What??? Then I send another note and insisting on a reply. I also warned Abdulaziz that if he forgets to give her the note and she doesn't gives me a reply he will be grounded (he is already grounded for this weekend). The first thing my baby had on his mind when he got back home was the note. "Mama I showed her the note and told her mama wants a reply and she told me 'Mish Fa'9ya'." He told me right away. I just couldn't believe my ears. So I called one of his classmate moms just to ask her about this new teacher. "She is an old woman who doesn't have patience with young kids." The mom tells me. The mom was also astonished when I told her that I sent Mme. F a note two times and she refused to reply. I am very stressed and annoyed. I don't know heads from tails from what my son is taking in class. Everything is chaotic and inconsistent from the homework and materials he brings back home. My son comes home complaining about her, calling Mme. F 'an old witch' who yells at him all the time. He hates school, and it is also reflecting on his behavior and really stressing him out. He isn't a happy kid any more. He is frustrated and angry all the time. I'm not going to let it pass. I'm calling the school this morning and place my complaint. Since the beginning I wasn't really enthusiastic about this school year and I was really hoping this year he would get a good teacher with a conscious. Yes, it is my intention to transfer him to another school next year but I'm contemplating of pulling him out and homeschooling him until the other school accepts him starting January or next year. It doesn't make a difference as long as I know my son is getting the education he is entitled to.

No comments:

Post a Comment