Monday, October 18, 2010

Sloppy Joe

I was at Sultan the other day and noticed this
Sloppy Joe sauce. Curious, of course, I picked it up
to give it a try.
1/2 Kg of minced meat, cooked until dry and then added
some chopped onions and garlic. Then I added diced carrots,
and cooked it for few minutes.
After that it chopped Celery and let it cook for a couple
minutes. I added the sauce with a quarter cup of water
and let it simmer for about 10 min.
I used square buns and they were just perfect.
I sprayed them and grilled them.
Some Lettuce, which will add an extra crunch! Then I added about a 1 1/2 Tbs of the SJ mixture.
It was really yummy. I really liked it so did Fahad. They
kids had it for lunch and asked for more for dinner.
Fahad liked the ones I make from scratch better ;p

2 comments: