Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Risotto!

I'm tired, stressed, sleep deprived and very very hungry! I've been rushing to appointments with Chefs from other restaurants, and to doctor appointments for the boys. Then I'm worrying about Azoz missing a lot in class because of his absence, and worrying about new flavors I ordered because the delivery is late, and I'm worrying about the chicken nuggets! I asked the maid to make some now as I'm typing this post, I'm worrying about whether she will burn them again or not! (Yep! She did burn them!) The lunch the cook prepared doesn’t sound that appealing anymore. I want restaurant food, but I don't want to wait for it by ordering in. I want to eat out, but then it is out of the question because the cook made Mutabag Balool, so Fahad won't be joining me and most of my friends who are working don't get out of work until 2.30 – 3.00 pm.
Risotto covered in butter and cooked for few minutes until
grain color change.
Simmering in wine. I use Fre.
Saffron, unfortunately not the best qaulity I own.
I have missplaced the good ones
Chicken broth
Risotto simmering in broth
Finally add the remaining butter, Parmesan cheese
and saffron water
My only course of action was to make something. I check my pantry and the fridge, and they are both partially empty. I really have to make time for grocery shopping tomorrow. Bien, bon, bref! The ingrediants for a Milanese Risotto are available and it is my comfort food which I really need to distress. 2 good pinches of saffron threads soaked in 3-4 Tbs of boiling water. 1 large onion, chopped finely 2 garlic cloves crushed 100g of butter 1 2/3 cup of Arborio rice 2/3 cup of white wine 5 cups of boiling stock (I used 2 low salt Maggie chicken stock cubes mixed them with the boiling water) 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese ** Quick tips: Sometimes I add sliced button mushrooms, or chicken cut in small chunks and cooked before the frying the onions, then added with the chicken broth. - Fry onions and garlic with 50g of butter until soft but not colored, then add the rice and continue to cook for few minutes until all grains are coated in oil and begin to color lightly. - Add wine to the rice and simmer gently, stirring from time to time until it is all absorbed. - Add the boiling stock a little at a time about 2/3 cup, cooking until the liquid is absorbed before adding more, and stirring frequently. - When all the stock is absorbed the rice should be tender but not soft and soggy. Add the saffron liquid, Parmesan, remaining butter.
Finally! I had my risotto with breaded veal and steamed
vegetables which the cook made knowing I don't like
home made fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment