Sunday, July 11, 2010

Valentino: The Last Empror

A portrait of Valentino Garavani, the man behind the legendary couture label Valentino. Here, we focus on the period between Valentino's seventieth birthday and his final couture show as well as his significant contributions to the field of fashion. However, at the center is a love story: the fifty-year relationship between Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti, his business partner, lover, best friend and confidante. An amazing documentary about the accomplishments of Valentino, one of my favoritre fashion designers. Don't you just love the Valentino Red dresses? I was taken in from the beginning and didn't want it to end. You'll see Valentino at his best and worst, and the jetset extravagant life he had carved for himself with his life partner Giancarlo. I love his pugs...I might get me one some day ;)

2 comments:

  1. Not once have i seen a Valentino dress that i didn't want to buy for my self <3

    Emwa3da nafsi if i go back to my college weight i will buy my self a lovely Valentino dress... 6b3an still waiting...

    Ana madry hal ryal laish i3tezal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a dress which belonged to my mother back in the late eighties... and even at my thinest weight it wouldn't fit, my mom had a smaller frame and waist :s
    Like you I've promised myself I'm going to get me an outfit once I regain my former figure ;p and still waiting ;ppp

    ReplyDelete