Tuesday, November 2, 2010

True Blood Season 3 (Spoilers)

Book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse series Sookie Stackhouse is having man trouble. Her vampire boyfriend, Bill, has been distant and inattentive lately. Then he announces that he is going on a business trip, which clearly is more than it seems. After a werewolf tries to abduct Sookie at work, Bill's boss, Eric, tells her that Bill fell under the sway of his--Bill's, that is--ex, a sexy vamp named Lorena, and has been kidnapped. Eric wants Sookie's help in getting Bill back, and despite her hurt over Bill's betrayal, Sookie agrees to go to Jackson, Mississippi, to find her wayward lover. Eric has persuaded Alcide, a dashing werewolf, to get Sookie access to Josephine's, aka Club Dead, the local hangout of Jackson's supernatural element. In between dodging kidnappers, the advances of amorous Eric, and her growing feelings for Alcide, Sookie has to find out who kidnapped Bill and figure out a way to rescue him. With some droll touches--Elvis, now a vampire, is Sookie's faithful guard. I started on True Blood season 3 and had to stop for awhile, but then I finally had the time to catch up on the remaining episodes. A very colorful cast. Interesting subplots, but I hated the main plot of this season. They changed so much from the original story of the book that I actually felt disappointed they didn't stay true to the book like they did in season 1 & 2. Book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlain Harris wasn't like that, and where is Bubba??? Bubba is Elvis turned into a vampire before he died. From what I remember of book 3, The King of Mississippi was helpful to Sookie and his partner Talbot didn't die at the end. I'm very confused. I want to reread the book just to be sure. Then they killed the were panther alpha (can't remember his name) he is alive in the series, and he has a huge crush on Sookie and will help her on several occaisions. Why did they kill him? Charlian Harris has described Sookie as a beauty and Tara a white woman. Ok…so I get Tara being changed into a black woman, and I don't mind her full of attitude character, although sometimes I want to bang her head with a sledgehammer, but Anna Paquin as Sookie!!! I just don't get it! Still after 3 seasons I wince when I see her, because Sookie in my head when I read the series is like the original Buffy or the second Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) or even Glee's Dianna Agron, yeah these what I consider blond beauties.

I just hope next Season would be better.

Kristy Swanson as Buffy... This is how I pictured Sookie in my mind

Sarah Michelle Gellar would have made a good Sookie too, or someone like her

The original Tara... but producers and directors
felt she didn't have enough attitude

Rutina Wesely, she is playing the part to perfection

What do you think? Who is better?

No comments:

Post a Comment